Installation

May 20, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Edited May 20, 2008 at 7:15 PM
Very nice idea!

I downloaded and ran the install.

How do I get it working with VS, and what versions does it work with (2005, 2008, express editions...).

Thanks,
May 20, 2008 at 7:14 PM
ah, ok. When I start up VS2005 as admin (in vista) there is a "PHP" project, but there seems to be no file types
to choose from.

Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Hi,

I did not try it with VS2005. I'm developping it against VS2008. However, it should work with VS2005... Thanks for reporting it.

webolize wrote:
ah, ok. When I start up VS2005 as admin (in vista) there is a "PHP" project, but there seems to be no file types
to choose from.

Jun 2, 2008 at 12:08 PM
It doesn't appear in Visual Studio 2008, I assume it is for VS 2005 only, however when I ran VS 2005 I saw the PHP project type without any file types and I got a VS crash saying that the package is corrupted.
Jun 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM
I can confirm that nothing appears in VS2008. I have VS2008 SDK installed. I compiled the code, and nothing happens when I restart Visual Studio, there is no new PHP project options. Probably it's not enought to just compile the code. Can you please explain how did you get it to work?

Btw, this would be an awsome PHP IDE, once working.
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM
I forgot to register it for VS2008. But I'm struggling with the installer to make it work... I'll release it as soon as it works.

To make it work with the source code, you need to compile it, but it would work only with the VS2008 Experimental (the one launched when you run the debug of the project). I may send you the reg file to make it work with VS2008 (not experimental). However, this regfile contains paths to my file, not yours. You may have your own by running the RegPkg tool

cime3d wrote:
I can confirm that nothing appears in VS2008. I have VS2008 SDK installed. I compiled the code, and nothing happens when I restart Visual Studio, there is no new PHP project options. Probably it's not enought to just compile the code. Can you please explain how did you get it to work?

Btw, this would be an awsome PHP IDE, once working.

Jun 21, 2008 at 10:08 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM
I don't know what exactly do you mean witg VS2008 Experimental. Yes, send me that reg file please, I'll modify it so it'll contain my paths.
Mail it at cime3d [at] gmail.com .
Thank you

edit: I found VS2008 Experimental under Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK > Tools. It's working now. Syntax highlighting for PHP files is working. Hope you continue your work on this. It could be a good alternative for non-free VS.PHP.
Jun 28, 2008 at 4:33 PM
I'm also very interested in php4vs but what is the instructions for installation? Do you have to send us that reg file for it to work with a normal VS2008 installation?
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2008 at 12:43 PM
nope, to have it work with a normal VS2008, you need to run the regpkg tool, however, I think it is shipped with VS2008SDK :p. Don't worry, since I'm on holidays for two weeks, I hope I'll be able to release a true working installer...

Marlun wrote:
I'm also very interested in php4vs but what is the instructions for installation? Do you have to send us that reg file for it to work with a normal VS2008 installation?

Nov 10, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Neo:

I see that the last post was on July 1st. Are there any update after that ?

Thanks
Sai
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Actually, my new release on July the 3rd, has received no feedback. I would be grateful if you could give me some.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM, saip106 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Neo:

I see that the last post was on July 1st. Are there any update after that ?

Thanks
Sai

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (php4vs@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email php4vs@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:15 PM
Well, I just tried downloading and installing  but can't it to work.  I can start a new PHP project but nothing works past that point.  I have no options for creating a PHP file and if I open a PHP file it doesn't know what to do with it so uses defaults that are all wrong.

I am running VS2008 Standard Edition with sp1.  Do I still need to register the app?  If so, what are the steps?

Thanks,
aaron

May 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Free plugin for sharware - crazy!
How to instal it's to Express Edition(2008) ?
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 7:12 AM
Hello sowingsadness,

As I told on the home page this project is not developped anymore. I'm not sure that you can install it on Express Edition.

Regards,
Nicolas Penin
May 7, 2009 at 10:12 AM
I've tried searching the web but haven't found any evidence of PHP support for VS 2010. Do you have a link to back that up?
Coordinator
May 7, 2009 at 12:10 PM
no, sorry, I've only been told so at the french micosoft tech days.
May 22, 2009 at 11:44 AM

I have VS 2010 beta 1, but don't see native PHP support or official extension -((